Certificates of Deposit, Money Market Accounts and IRAs
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
CDs allow you to implement a short or long-term investment plan that allows you to build your savings on a schedule that works for you. Options include:
- A Fixed-rate CD with terms of seven days to 60 months, with a minimum opening amount of $1,000
- An Option CD which allows you to take advantage of rising interest rates by increasing the rate on your CD once or twice depending on the term of your account
Looking for a way to keep large deposits safe? Ask us about CDARS.
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through Hampshire First Bank. There are few guarantees in lifeFDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable cash management or longer-term investment tool for you.¹
How does CDARS work?
We are a member of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into CDs issued by other member banks in the same network in increments of less than $250,000, so that both principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working with just one.
Money Market Accounts*
When you are looking for high growth potential with a check writing option, a money market account is the choice for you. With all of our money market options, you'll earn competitive tiered rates that increase with your balance.
- Interest is compounded and paid monthly
- There are no limits to withdrawals and transfers when made in person or by ATM. Certain transfers and withdrawals are limited to six per month.*
As retirement approaches, consider an IRA. Our various IRA options allow you to create a structured plan to help you start your retirement savings or build it gradually.
Please visit one of our conveniently located Hampshire First banking centers or contact our Call Center at 1-866-826-7146 for more information about opening an account today!
¹ Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with Hampshire First Bank. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us.
* Federal Banking regulations place limitations on certain transfers and withdrawals from savings and money market accounts. Withdrawals or transfers made by automatic, pre-authorized, telephonic agreement order, or instruction, check, draft, debit card or similar order made from this account to other accounts or to third parties are restricted to no more than six per monitoring period. The monitoring period for all savings and Cosmic Kids accounts except those tied to checking accounts with portfolio statements is monthly up to the quarterly statement date Money market accounts and savings accounts with portfolio statement are monitored by statement cycle.